Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Open Letter Rebuke and Call to Repentance for Harold Camping


By Justin Edwards

Dr. James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries has just posted an open letter calling for the repentance of false teacher Harold Camping of Family Radio, who as expected failed in his prediction of judgment day on May 21, 2011.  If you were deceived by Camping's cult through Family Radio, wecanknow.com, or through any other means, please know today is also the day for you to repent.  I encourage you to begin with the following link:  Eternal Life

Do not take for granted that you already know how to go to heaven, for if you were deceived by Harold Camping, there's a good chance you are deceived into believing a false gospel and remain under the wrath of God.  Please do post a comment or contact me privately if you need someone to speak with regarding your salvation.

Dr. White begins his rebuke with the following:

Dear Mr. Camping:

In July of 2009 you and I engaged in a debate on the Iron Sharpens Iron radio program concerning your teaching that the church age had ended and that Christ would return on May 21, 2011. I trust you recall our exchange. I am also aware that you have at least seen my book, Dangerous Airwaves: Harold Camping Refuted and Christ's Church Defended. I have been seeking to warn people about your teachings, sir, for about a decade. I know others have been warning the church about you longer than I.

Mr. Camping I am writing to seek your repentance and the most God-glorifying outcome of the debacle of your failed May 21, 2011 prophecy/teaching. I am not writing to engage in debate with you. The time for debate ended on May 22, 2011. It is now time for you to repent and seek to undo the massive damage you have done, first and foremost, to the cause of Christ.

Let me first list the items you need to repent of, openly and publicly (for you are a public person, and your teachings were disseminated all around the world). 

Continue reading this call for repentance here:  An Open Letter to Harold Camping of Family Radio

UPDATE:  Per his Family Radio show last night, Harold Camping remains unrepentant.  Click here for details: Harold Camping: Unrepentant False Prophet Refuses to Stop Dragging Christ's Name Through the Mud

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...