Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Mideast Prophecy Update 2010 - 2011 (Part 2)
PART TWO – What Should We Watch For In 2011
By Bill Salus
Read part one now
Israel is prepared to strategically strike Iran’s nuclear sites. This past September I spoke with retired Israeli Defense Forces General Shimon Erem who confirmed Saudi Arabia opened up a thin strip of air for Israel to attack Iran. It’s interesting that no Jewish Synagogue can be constructed in Saudi Arabia, but Israeli war planes are now allowed to fly overhead as long as they are on route to attack Iran. (Picture of Bill Salus and I.D.F. General Shimon Erem)
The open Saudi airspace, pending $60 billion arms deal with America, and the Wikileaks statements that the Saudis told the U.S. to “Cut off the head of the (Iranian) snake,” add credence to suspicions the Saudis are desperately concerned about Iran’s nuclear program. This clock is ticking.
The apparent reasons Israel has refrained from attacking Iran thus far:
1. Sanctions needed time to work.
2. Diplomatic efforts toward Mideast peace were underway and remotely possible.
3. The Stuxnet virus and other related covert efforts inside Iran partially disrupted some aspects of Iran’s nuclear program.
4. It could provoke Hezbollah, Syria, and Hamas to join Iran in a multi-front war imposing significant Israeli casualties.
5. It could initiate unpredictable retaliatory responses from Iran and its proxies, like international terror and / or restricted oil production that could adversely affect America and other parts of the international community.
Interestingly, end time’s expert Jimmy DeYoung informed a group of us attending the Pre-Trib rapture conference in December, 2010 that Prime Minister Netanyahu informed him there were two red lines Israel would not allow Iran to cross;
1. The receipt from Russia of the S-300 missile defense system,
2. The development or acquisition of a weapon of mass destruction.
The missile defense system, which Iran has contracted Russia to deliver, would hinder Israel’s ability to attack Iran through surface to air missiles and endanger Israeli Air Forces in an air assault. Netanyahu takes Ahmadinejad’s genocidal threats to wipe Israel off the map literally and seriously.
Additionally, DeYoung informed us a movement for a Palestinian state within the United Nations is already underway. This movement threatens to set retro borders for the Palestinian state based upon the territories as they were before June 6, 1967 when Israel captured the West Bank, East Jerusalem, the Golan Heights and other additional land. Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay have already accepted such a Palestinian State against harsh rebuke from Israel. Similarly, Venezuela is expected to soon follow course.
Possible events to be watchful of in 2011 are:
1. Continued politically charged threats from Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas to step down and for the PA to disband. Speculations about his resignation are circulating.
2. The release of the UN STL (United Nations Special Tribunal for Lebanon) report implicating Hezbollah with the death of Lebanon’s former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in 2005. (Pictured here) This report could provoke an internal uprising within Lebanon against Hezbollah. However, military confrontation is becoming increasingly doubtful because the Lebanese Armed Forces are fully integrated into Hezbollah’s military structure which, in turn, is led by Iranian IRGC officers and under the command of Ahmadinejad and the Supreme Command of the Ayatollah. (See briefing from Sean Osborne below for further explanation.)
3. Increased claims to littoral rights by Lebanon and their allies, including Russia, of Israel’s large 2009 (Tamar One) and 2010 (Leviathan) natural gas discoveries in the Mediterranean Sea. When fully developed these resources are expected to make Israel energy self-sufficient as well as an international exporter of natural gas.
4. Russian arms contracts to Israel’s enemies to increase. This is prophetic as per Ezekiel 39:9. Additionally, the global economic crunch has not slowed down Russian arms exports which totaled 7.4 billion in 2009 and will likely exceed that in 2010. (Military export totals not yet available for 2010).
5. Iran’s nuclear program to be severely damaged, if not destroyed, by either the continued uncontrollable spread of the Stuxnet virus or an Israeli military attack. Stuxnet has the potential to run out of control causing explosions to occur within the affected Iranian nuclear sites. If so a Chernobyl effect could occur inside Iran.
6. Expect covert actions from unidentified sources, probably Israel and America, to continue inside Iran. These are primarily intended to hinder the further development of Iran’s nuclear program, assassinate key Iranian leaders and nuclear scientists, and potentially bring forth a regime change.
7. Israel to be blamed for the breakdown of peace talks and to become increasingly isolated from the international community as a result.
8. Trilateral relationships between Russia, Venezuela, and Iran to improve and weapons exports between them to increase. Venezuela is presently negotiating with Russia to purchase the state of the art S-300 missile defense. This is the system Russia owes to Iran, but due to international sanctions levied against Iran, has failed to deliver it. It is also the system Netanyahu has drawn a red line against as stated above. Additionally, Iran is in negotiations to deliver the deadly Shahab 3 missile to Venezuela. Given the missile’s range, parts of America would be at risk.
9. Rumors of Mideast war to increase rather than decrease.
10. Diplomatic efforts toward Mideast peace to continue and likely fail. Remember when diplomacy fails war often results.
11. The likelihood current U.S. Mideast peace envoy George Mitchell will step down and be replaced by Dennis Ross, the former Middle East peace envoy during the Clinton administration. Rumors to this end are already circulating.
12. A major regional war fulfilling the Psalm, Isaiah and Ezekiel prophecies noted above.
On a prophetic side note, amidst all the noise of war drums beating in the region, the Temple Institute in Israel is stitching and selling priestly garments to genetically identified Levites. Several dozen have already been purchased and are hanging in closets waiting for the Dome of the Rock to come down so these garments can come out. In a matter of hours after the Dome is destroyed and the rubble removed, the sacrificial altar can be constructed and operational. Estimates are the prophesied third Jewish Temple could be built around it within one to two years.
Will 2011 be the year the Dome comes down, the altar goes up, the priestly garments come out, and the animal sacrificial system begins? Has humanity progressed that far along on the end time’s line? What will cause the Islamic Dome to come down, could it be the result of the Psalm 83 and / or Ezekiel 38 wars?
Look for 2011 to be a prophetically eventful year. The Israeli war prophecies are coming, just how soon we can only speculate. However, the weapons are fashioned, national relationships formed, adversarial attitudes in place, and technologies developed, suggesting the stage is set for the final showdowns to begin.
(HT: Prophecy News-Stand)