Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to airō - Introduction and Tour


I thank God for this blog and entrusting me to serve Him in this way.  My name is Justin Edwards and I started airō in early February 2010 after being led to share my writings with the public domain. I had previously spent my time on facebook sharing various articles, words of encouragement, and my own notes for nearly a year, but felt I could have more of an impact through my own website. I didn't really have a plan other than wanting to post articles on a blog, but before I knew it airō was taking shape as something that God just might use to reach the lost with the unchanging, undiluted, pure truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; to edify His Body; to challenge nominal Christians to examine themselves; to expose the wolves in the professed church looking to deceive the masses; and to sound the alarm that we are in the season of His return.

I strongly believe time has never been so valuable as it is today. Each passing day not only brings us closer to death, but it increases the imminence of the Rapture of the Church, which must take place before the end of all things. Time is of the essence, thus it is ever so important to be good stewards of the time we have left, and I hope and pray God will use this blog for His glory in these last days. airō is a combination of sharing resources from what I believe to be trusted ministries and my own personal studies and writing as time permits. So with that, I'd like to show you around a bit so that you may become familiar with airō in order to share it with your loved ones.

The most important message of airō is the message of true salvation in Jesus Christ. There are so many false gospels floating around these days that makes it easy for one to believe they are saved when they have actually missed out on the totality of the gospel that saves. One page of airō dedicated to the Gospel is titled The Only Gospel that Saves. On the right hand page you will find many videos on true salvation in Jesus Christ, calls to examine ourselves to make sure we are in truly in the faith; evangelism videos to equip you in sharing your faith; videos on the righteous judgment of God; exhortations to holiness; doctrinal issues; Christian living; the last days church; current events; selected sermons from my pastor, Loran Livingston; and some of my musical favorites. The links on the left sidebar reflect many of the ministries in the videos to the right plus many more to help you mature in the faith.

In March 2009 I wrote Urgent Message and consider it to be one without date limitations. What I mean is, this world is not getting better, and will only get worse before Perfection comes - so this message will be relevant until these things take place. In the meantime, we have several groups of people walking this earth including believers eagerly waiting the return of the King, immature believers who refuse to acknowledge we are in the end-time season, nominal Christians, people sitting on the fence, and those who continue to blatantly reject Christ - which one are you? This message is also available for free in PDF format so you can print and distribute just like any Gospel tract.

Another resource for these last days include the page When Christ Returns Series. I pray these messages serve as a wake up call for those fearful of these times or who have yet to commit to the Lord Jesus Christ, and as a message of exhortation and edification to those who long for His coming.

I created the page God of Wonders as a tool to display the magnificence of the God of creation as much as we humans can do. You will find several videos here including a short clip from Paul Washer, Louis Giglio's How Great is Our God and Indescribable, and Eternal Productions' God of Wonders. I know I can't wait to see creation in its perfect form, and these videos only serve me to wait with anxious anticipation!

One of the greatest signs of the imminent return of Jesus is the evidence we are neck-deep in apostasy in the church. The church of Laodicea has taken shape over the last century, and the ideology of liberalism continues to infect fundamental Christianity. Last Days Apostasy is dedicated to the falling away that 2 Thessalonians 2 says must take place before the end comes. This page offers invaluable resources on the Emergent Church, Purpose Driven Movement, Word of Faith, New Age deception, contemplative spirituality and mysticism, and ecumenism.

Many of us have Catholic friends and family and are frustrated and saddened that they continue in the bondage of Rome. There is no salvation found in the Roman Catholic church, and the page Loving Catholics to Jesus will shed light on the eternal differences between the false religion of Catholicism and biblical salvation in Jesus Christ. Mark Cahill, Mike Gendron, and CARM provide excellent resources for you to witness to your loved ones, and if you are Catholic reading this, I urge you to honestly consider the information presented to you.

You will also find 2 pages devoted to sharing your faith, Evangelism - Equip Yourself and Cults and World Religions. The sharing of our faith is not an option, after all, it's called the Great Commission not the Great Suggestion. With many resources on apologetics and witnessing, these two pages will equip you to boldly proclaim the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to every tribe, nation, and tongue.

The Testimonies page tells a bit about me and gives 2 testimonies of mine from the past written in the first of my surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. This page is special to me as I see how far God has taken me ever since I submitted everything to Him in March 2009. I am one who cannot be sure if I was saved when I walked to the altar at the age of 8 years old. I was at best weak, baby Christian for all of those years or at worse a nominal Christian never truly saved. But what happened last March thrust me into a life of joy and assurance I've never known before, and I pray my testimony will bless someone struggling in the same manner I did.  It's all about surrender, and you'll never have joy or assurance until it's all laid at the foot of the cross. You can also share your own testimony here by posting it in the available comment box.

I understand airō is packed with resources that could get overwhelming, so this is why I wanted to take some time to give you a tour in order to make it as resourceful as possible. As the reader, this blog is designed to serve you by providing resources to challenge you and to help strengthen, defend, and share your faith. I encourage you to subscribe so you don't miss out on any posts by clicking the orange RSS feed icon or submitting your email for email subscription at the top left of the page. If you ever have any questions regarding faith and the Christian worldview, you can ask me at formspring.

Finally, throughout the year I will be holding various contests to provide you with resources that will help you grow in your faith, equip you to share the Gospel with the lost, and hopefully encourage discussions on the blog with the new commenting platform. Please see January 2011's contest for more details.  v

I hope you find airō to be an informative resource. I'd like to invite you to consider this blog and facebook page your home as we serve in the same effort to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ around the world. This world is totally flipped upside-down and it seems the domino effect of prophecy could happen at any moment. Let us use our time wisely to conform to the likeness of Christ and reach as many as possible in these final days.

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you visit and participate often.

In Christ,

Justin

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. with the glory which shall be revealed in us. - Romans 8:18-25

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this site! There is so much truth here! Thank God through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ! For He alone, is indeed worthy to be praised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, brother - this is very encouraging and I'm so happy you've found it to be such a great blessing! Maranatha!!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...