Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, February 12, 2010

Fragrance Makes the Perfect Gift


By Justin Edwards


I'd like to introduce my friend and sister in Christ, Andrea. She has a wonderful way of sharing the truth of God's Word in a very applicable manner to our daily walks. I pray the Lord uses her contributions to touch someone's heart and I look forward to sharing her stories with you.


Fragrance Makes the Perfect Gift
Cy Andrea


Ever walk by someone and catch a sweet, pleasing aroma under your nose? I know I have and immediately I ask them what it is they are wearing that smells so wonderful! Let’s look on the flip side of that….ever walk by someone that doesn’t smell so great? What do you do in that circumstance? I find I slowly start backing away and typically avoid being around whatever it is causing the stench.


I had to make a last minute stop at my local drugstore the other day and as I was passing through the isles my eyes caught a big red sign (in honor of the Valentine’s Day holiday approaching) that read, “Fragrance Makes the Perfect Gift”. Of course the stores motive for placing the sign there was to sell perfume for the “Love Month” we were going into…but God spoke to me through that little red sign and asked me what kind of smell I had been putting off lately? Was I putting off a smell that was pleasant and sweet or was I putting off a stinky stench?


The more pleasant scents would probably be called something like, Love, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Compassion, Mercy, Grace, Honor, Integrity, Purity, I could go on forever. These scents draw others closer, curious about what it is that smells so sweet. The Maker of those perfumes is Jesus. You see, when I wear HIS cologne, those people around me inquire about it and want to know where they can get it and how much it costs. Oh, then I get to tell them it was a FREE GIFT, even better!!!!


On the contrary, when I put on something stinky, people tend to avoid me at all costs! Some of those stinky smells include Bitterness, Rage, Anger, Greed, Selfishness, Impurity, Hate, Unforgiveness, and Ungratefulness. Do I sit in a room with the countenance of someone who is miserable or someone who is joyful? I can tell you that I find the joyful person approachable. I want to know MORE about that fragrance they are wearing!!! I pray the Hoy Spirit continues working in me and putting off the fragrance of LIFE so that I can spread the fragrance of the knowledge of HIM, which is LIFE!!!


2 Corinthians 2:14 “But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him”.

Ephesians 4:29-5:4 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.”


1 John 4:21 “And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.”
Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...